Whatsapp Outreach Events
Food For Thought Quiz 1
We would like to thank all of you for the overwhelming response to the quiz. Hope you enjoyed solving the quiz as much as we enjoyed creating it for you.
We are happy to declare the following as winners of the quiz. Congratulations to the winners! Winners will receive their gift vouchers over email.
1. Minal Pravinchandra Shah from Mumbai
2. Vidya Kamath from Mumbai
3. Navnidhi Vyas from Vadodara
4. Keerthi Mandumula from Hyderabad
5. Veena Shahani from Mumbai
Below are the correct answers to the FOOD FOR THOUGHT QUIZ 1:
Q1. The grams of whole grain in a serving of a product equals the grams of fibre in a serving.
Q2. Which of the following products can be claimed to be ‘High in Fibre’ as per FSSAI Claims Regulations, 2018
A2. The following products can be claimed to be ‘High in Fibre’ as per FSSAI Claims Regulations, 2018
- Product A has 6.1 g of fibre per 80 g
- Product C has 8.2 g of fibre per 60g
- Product D has 11.6 g of fibre per 80g
Q3. Which of the following is not an appetite suppressing hormone
Q4. Which pair of fibres have a prebiotic effect?
A4. Inulin and Dextrin
Q5. β-Glucan in oats is mainly found in the ________ layer.
Q6. Which is the best cereal fibre to promote regularity of bowel movements?
A6. Wheat bran
Q7. Which of the below mentioned food has the highest calcium content?
A7. Drumstick leaves
Q8. Which of the following products meant for Indian children aged 7-9 years old qualify for the ‘High Protein’ claim as per FSSAI Claims Regulations, 2018:
A8. The following products meant for Indian children aged 7-9 years old qualify for the ‘High Protein’ claim as per FSSAI Claims Regulations, 2018
- Product C containing 9%
- Product D containing 6%
Q9. Which of the following statements are true?
A9. The correct options are-
- Cereal fibre intake is inversely associated with diabetes risk reduction.
- High fibre eaters gain less weight over time.
- Cereal fibre is associated with reduced body weight and waist circumference.
Q10. Whole grains mechanism of action in potentially reducing the incidence of type 2 diabetes involve the following:
A10. All the options are correct