Bharwan Tamater Kellogg's Special K style (with a mixture of peas and potatoes crusted with Special K and paprika)
Treat your tastebuds as you sink into this sweet and spicy dish.
- 1 cup Kellogg's Special K, crushed
- 4 Large tomatoes
- ½ cup Potatoes, 1-inch cubes, boiled
- ½ cup Green peas, boiled
- 1 tbsp Cashew nuts, broken
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp Cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Red chili powder
- ¼ tsp Garam masala
- ½ tsp Garlic-ginger paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Fresh coriander leaves
1. Cut tomato in half and scoop out the pulp. Sprinkle salt and pepper inside the tomatoes and rub well to season them. Chop the pulp of the tomatoes and keep aside.
2. Dry roast crushed Special K and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in nonstick kadhai and crackle some cumin seeds. Now add garlic-Ginger paste followed by chopped onions and cashew nuts. Saute till light pink. Now add remaining tomatoes pulp saute well. Add all dry spices, potatoes and green peas; cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
4. Remove from the heat and add Special K and mix well. Adjust salt.
5. Stuff tomatoes with Special K mixture. Place in baking dish.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 200C for 12-15 minutes until crust and tomatoes are soft.
7. Remove and serve immediately sprinkle some coriander leaves on top.