- 1 cup Kellogg's Corn Flakes
- ½ cup Moong (whole green gram)
- 1 cup Sour curds (khatta dahi) , whisked
- 3/4 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp Besan (bengal gram flour)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 3 to 4 Curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 tsp Ginger-green chilli paste
- salt to taste
- For The Garnish
- 2 tbsp Finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Wash and soak the whole moong in enough water for 2 to 3 hours. Drain.
2. Add 1½ cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
3. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
4. Combine the sour curds, chilli powder, turmeric powder and besan in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
5. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida and ginger-green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
6. Add the cooked moong, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
7. Add the curds-besan mixture, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
8. Cool to room temperature, add the cornflakes, garnish with coriander and serve