- 3 cups Cornflakes
- ½ cup curd (dahi)
- Water as required
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- ½ tbsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ tbsp Fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- ½ tbsp Finely chopped ginger (adrak)
- Few curry leaves (kadi patta)
- ½ tbsp Finely chopped green chillies
- 1/3 cup Finely minced onions (pyaaz)
- ½ tbsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander seed powder (dhaniya)
- Salt (namak) to taste
- 2 tbsp Finely chopped coriander leaves along with stems
1. In a bowl, combine curds and water to form buttermilk. Keep aside.
2. In a kadhai, heat ghee. Once hot, add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, garlic, ginger, curry leaves and green chillies. Sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
3. Add onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
4. Add cornflakes, dry spice, salt and mix well.
5. Add buttermilk mixture and simmer on a medium flame till cornflakes thickens.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.