- 1 cup (coarsely crushed, lightly roasted) Kellogg's Corn Flakes
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ¼ tbsp Mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Finely chopped green chillies
- A few curry leaves
- A pinch asafoetida
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Roasted / fried peanuts
- 2 tbsp Roasted/ fried daria dal
- 8 cooked chapattis (left over), roughly broken into small pieces and lightly roasted
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Powdered sugar
1. Heat the oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds, let the seds crackle.
2. Add the green chillies, curry leaves, asafetida, turmeric powder and sauté on a slow flame for a few seconds.
3. Add the peanuts, daria dal, roasted chapatti, roasted cornflakes, salt and sauté on a slow flame for another 3 to 4 minutes or till the chivda becomes crisp.
4. Remove from the flame and keep side to cool.
5. Add the powdered sugar and mix well.
6. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.