- 1 tbsp Coconut oil/ any other refined oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Chana dal
- 1 Whole dry Kashmiri red chilli, broken into pieces
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida 5 to 6 curry leaves
- ½ cup Chopped onions
- 1 cup (Coarsely ground) Kellogg's Corn Flakes
- 1 cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup Freshly grated coconut
1. Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
2. When the seeds crackle, add the cumin seeds, urad dal, chana dal, red chillies, asafoetida and curry leaves and onions, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
3. Add the cornflakes, ¼ cup of water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring once in between.
4. Add the pomegranate seeds and coconut, mix gently and cook for another minute.
5. Serve hot.