- 1 Sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 cups Button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cups Kellogg's Special K crushed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Fresh chopped thyme/ parsley
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease a mini tart tray.
2. In a large saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute until mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the thyme and salt and pepper to taste. Add Kellogg's Special K and cook for another 1 minute. Set the mixture aside to cool slightly.
3. On a lightly floured surfaced, roll out the puff pastry till it is about doubled in size. Cut into rounds to fit inside the mini tart. Press the rounds into the pan.
4. In a medium bowl combine the egg, cream, parmesan cheese, and mushroom mixture. Spoon into the prepared mini tart shells. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 15-17 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes in the pan.
5. Serve immediately.