The good old chikki gets a whole new avatar with chocolate and cornflakes
Going Shopping Send recipe to your mobile by E-mail
1. Grease a bowl with ghee and keep aside.
2. Place baking paper on a baking tray and keep aside.
1. In a deep sauce pan, add jaggery and melt on low flame.
2. Once jaggery dissolves, keep stirring and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
3. Remove off flame and add cornflakes and peanuts. Mix well and pour the warm mixture in the greased bowl.
4. Grease palms with ghee, divide portions of warm mixture and shape into roundels. 5. Keep aside to cool.
6. Once cooled, dip each chikki in melted chocolate, coat well and place on baking trays.
7. Allow to set and serve immediately or wrap in decorative wrappers.
When the roundel is still warm, you can insert toothpicks to make them look like lollypops. Once cooled, dip in chocolate and allow to set. Alternatively, you can also add a layer of desiccated coconut on the chocolate layer for added colour.
Why not visit and explore our brands’ sitesCheck out Kellogg’s other sites >